Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend excursions! and assignment 2!

This week and weekend have yet again proved to be very,very busy. But in a good way!!
I worked about 21 hours this weekend
I have also went to a conference called Captivate Conference which was pretty awesome! Got some free swag and talked to some cool people. I especially liked the booth that featured this one animation company called Powerhouse animations


Some images of this weekend...

 Warren is giving his keynote speech at this time. I apologize for the terrible quality, but I was sitting in the back and I had no idea if I was supposed to take pictures! hahaha! : D










So the sessions I went to today were:

Marketing 101 by Debora Duckett:
Creating and Art Directing a Compelling and Unique Vision by Stephen Martiniere:
Transferring your Art Skills to the Real World by Shane Davis and Larry Kleinkemper:
and
The Business of Cartoons by Brad Graeber:


Assignment 2:

So, I had a very hard time with animation and Maya. Not only does it take alot of time, but it can be confusing from time to time. I am just having lots of difficulties with how to render...right now I am batch rendering and importing it to after effects. I have been watching multiple tutorials through Youtube and/or Vimeo. Oh well, perhaps in time things will get better.

My assignment can be downloaded here:
http://webspace.utexas.edu/keh2295/circle.avi
I am trying to convert it to an MOV file instead of an AVI...but my Adobe media encoder is not working for some reason...



No comments:

Post a Comment